1. What is BOSCore?
BOSCore has the fastest finality and is the first IBC equipped DPOS blockchain. It aims to refactor business scenarios with decentralized technology and to build a credible blockchain ecosystem that supports billions of users.
It is based on a code fork from a branch of the EOSIO GitHub repository. It, therefore, has all the advantages of EOSIO which includes:
* scalability and flexibility,
* Zero transaction fees,
* Human-readable account names,
* Super-fast confirmation time of 0.5 Seconds,
* Delegated Proof of Stake(DPOS) Consensus algorithm with Batch-PBFT, e.t.c.
BOSCore also has some advanced features that make it more attractive to dApp developers and end-users. These features include the BOS IBC, BOS 3 Seconds LIB, BOS WPS, and BOS Oracle e.t.c.
It is a free port for the blockchain world, an intermediary chain where other major blockchains such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, e.t.c can freely pass and communicate.
2. What is BOS?
BOS is the native currency of the BOSCore network. It is the only token that developers can use to get the resources that they need to build on the network. These resources include RAM, CPU and bandwidth. BOS Tokens represents ownership of the in the BOS network. They give the token holders the right to influence the governance of the network via voting.
We also use the term BOS to refer to the BOSCore network.
3. What is BOSCore Executive Team(BET)?
BOSCore Executive Team (BET) consists of senior members of the EOSIO community, each member is a veteran in the blockchain industry and have extensive experience in Bitcoin, Ethereum and EOS. Each member is committed to blockchain technology, improving human productivity and freedom. BET also comprises of wallets, mining pools, exchanges, block producers and blockchain companies.
Read more: BOS Website
4. What is BOS IBC?
BOSIBC.IO ( also known as BOS IBC ) is a Smart contract system developed by BOSCore for EOS based blockchains. It provides the function of decentralised IBC (Inter-Blockchain Communication) for blockchains. BOSIBC.IO smart contracts are deployed on the EOS and BOS blockchains allowing for bidirectional transfers of tokens across chains.
BOSCore is a free-port for the blockchain world where major tokens like Bitcoin and Ethereum can freely pass and communicate.
5. What is BOS WPS?
The BOS WPS (Worker Proposals) is a BOS development incentive program proposed by BOSCore Executive Team. The goal is to continue to support the development of the core protocol and the expansion of the entire EOSIO ecosystem.
100 million BOS has been earmarked for infrastructure construction, protocol standard-setting, code optimisation, and ecological partner incentives, e.t.c. Other EOSIO eco-contributors can also apply for fund support.
Read more: BOS WPS and Referendum
6. What is BOS 3 Seconds LIB?
LIB means Last Irreversible Block. The term is used to describe a situation where a blockchain transaction is no longer reversible.
When you send a transaction on the EOS main-net, it goes through in 0.5 seconds(almost instantly). This is much better than Ethereum or Bitcoin which takes minutes for a transaction to be immutable/irreversible. However, it takes 3 minutes for that transaction to achieve finality or become immutable.
BOSCore 3 Second LIB is the time it takes for block transactions to be written to the blockchain in an immutable state, meaning that within three seconds transactions can become irreversible. This makes BOSCore the fastest blockchain in the world and the most suitable platform for dApps that are intended for everyday use.
Read more: Tech Update: 3s LIB
7. How to Create a BOS account?
Creating a BOS account is as easy as ABC and also very cheap. It costs less than a dollar to create a paid account and you can always get a free BOS account from BOS Telegram group and many other BOS enabled wallets.
8. Which Wallets Support BOS?
The following wallets support BOS.
- SimpleEOS, e.t.c.
9. Where can I buy BOS? / Which Exchanges Currently Support BOS?
An exchange is a digital marketplace where you can trade BOS tokens for other cryptocurrencies. You can buy BOS from Newdex.io using the instructions in this blog posts: How to buy BOS from Newdex.io.
10. When Airdrop?
BOS airdrop has already happened. A snapshot was done at 17:50 pm Singapore time on 1 January 2019. The airdrop covered all EOS accounts with a 20:1 ratio for EOS to BOS. The minimum amount that each EOS account got was 0.5 BOS. BOS accounts were created for every EOS Account, and 0.5 BOS resources were also distributed, 0.3 BOS RAM, 0.1 BOS NET and 0.1 BOS CPU respectively.
11. Why should Anyone Pay Attention to BOSCore or Build on BOSCore?
- BOSCore offers more advanced features that make it more suitable for dApp developers and users.
- BOSCore is the fastest blockchain in existence, being able to reach finality in just 3 Seconds. This opens a new world of opportunities for dApps, businesses and games which rely on finality. BOSCore will enable ideas or businesses which were hitherto not possible to be implemented on the blockchain.
- It’s cheaper to build on BOSCore than other blockchains.
- BOSCore has developed inter-blockchain communication through which all other blockchains and cryptocurrencies can freely communicate and pass.
- BOSCore also has set aside 100Million BOS to incentivise developers and projects which would bring value to the BOSCore network or EOS.IO ecosystem. All these features (and more) makes BOSCore the best choice.
12. What is the total supply of BOS? How does BOS pay Block Producers? What is BOS Economic System?
The economic system of BOS is based on an initial token issuance or initial supply of 1 billion BOS tokens and annual inflation of 2%.
The 1 Billion Total Supply is distributed as follows:
10% or 100 Million BOS Tokens is Set Aside for Work Proposals or Strategic Partner Fund.
10% or 100 Million BOS Tokens is Set Aside for Ecosystem Airdrops.
40% or 400 Million BOS Tokens is Used to Incentivise the Ecosystem
20% or 200 Million for Private Sale.
20% or 200 Million for Founding Team.
The 2% Annual Inflation is Distributed as follows:
- 1% for BP rewards.
- 0.8% for developer rewards.
- 0.2% for governance incentives.
Read more: BOS Economic System